The Observer- A Short Story

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Ender, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Ender

Ender Member

~ The Observer ~

Look at them. Can't you see it? The ignorant, the blind, the deceitful, the forgotten, all piled onto a single boat that is slowly sinking. It is almost sad to watch, but then again, they are doing this to themselves, are they not? All one has to do is look at their lives, and they will see the destruction that they have wrought to bring them to this sorry state.

I see. Examples are required for understanding. Take the example of the boy who worships the devil. He sharpens his sword upon the whetstone, confident in his abilities. Yet, he worries. Not for others, but for himself. He believes that he isn't powerful enough to face anyone he pleases. He believes that he isn't a true follower. On the outside, he boasts proudly of his achievements and extravagant skill. But on the inside, he is an anxious storm, sending his mind reeling into the abyss. Can you not see the death that will await him if he fights?

The wanderer, the girl who follows no god. She searches for something that may not even exist, and yet she is persistent. Finding solace in only locating her brother, that will be her only achievement. You think me to be a pessimist? You need only look at her determination, and know that she is chasing an impossible dream. Her destruction is assured, because once the flames begin, she will hide away and distance herself from the fighting. She believes this is not her battle, that she should stay well away from it. However, this battle will rage across the world, if there is war. It is amusing, to say the least. The very thing she is trying to search for will claim her too. After all, the only way to find her parents is to die. She may as well be searching for death itself.

Still unconvinced, I see? Then I shall offer one more. The doctor of balance. An emotional man, with ever changing personalities. One day, he may be cold, calculating, thinking of love no more then a falcon may think of the prey's feelings. Another, he may be excitable, eager to talk to others, and generally innocent in nature. Ironic, that while all he worships is balance, that he is chaos itself. Ever changing personalities with each one causing as much havoc as the last. He cannot fight to save his life, but give him a scalpel and he will tear the nearest man asunder attempting to understand nature itself. An impossible task to say the least. It will not be the war that claims him, but nature itself, coming back to reap what he has sown. The only way for someone to face his demons, is to die by them.

You can see it now. Their future. Or at least, one of many futures in store for them. It is almost sad to watch this disaster in motion. But I care not. I am detached from all of this. Watching this performance is the only thing that I have left in "life". But I digress. The performers are in place. Act I has passed. Act II is yet to come. The music playing. The audience in their rightful places. Take a seat, and watch the stage burn.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Charlisse likes this.
  2. Ender

Ender Member

Fun Fact: The three people that the guy talks about are actual Talion players. Have fun figuring out who they are! But I think I made it rather easy...

3. Moon

Moon Member

Was the doc Cecil? And the one who worships the Devil Astral? I can't tell who the one looking for her brother is. maybe LupusCelestial?

4. Ender

Ender Member

You got Astral right :)

5. Moon

Moon Member

I guess this is because of his denial of Dianite trying to betray him

6. Moon

Moon Member

Hm. I can't tell how the others are

7. Its_Pika

Its_Pika New Member

I have no idea on who the rest are.

8. Ender

Ender Member

The last two are very familiar, and are on quite a lot.

9. Moon

Moon Member

Are they admins? COME ON MAN GIVE US A CLUE

10. Ender

Ender Member

The girl is lyric's brother. The doctor posts on the forums as well

11. Moon

Moon Member

Lyrics brother?

12. Ender

Ender Member

Sister, sorry.

13. xTheSwordManx

xTheSwordManx Member

Amazing shit right here

14. xTheSwordManx

xTheSwordManx Member

Its Charlie, Dr_Ender, and Astral

15. Moon

Moon Member

Cool! I know both of them expect Charlie. Who is he? Or she

16. Ender

Ender Member

Good job, Crystal. Also, you guys lemme know if you want me to make more stories, mmkay?

17. Moon

Moon Member

YES PLEASE! And use real players. It's interesting to see their problems and such

18. Charlisse

Charlisse New Member

Make moreeee omg this is top class fabulousnessssss

19. xTheSwordManx

xTheSwordManx Member

Let Astral be the one to die first.

-Crystal<3

20. Moon

Moon Member

I know Astral is getting hate but do's no one except me realize Dianite is using him? And is going to betray him in whatever happens? Wait. Maybe it's not Dianite that is using him...